Camille Belle looking stunning, effortless and radiant in a simple white dress! Love it.
1. Drink water-and the then more water.Water gives you energy and helps your body function at its highest level.
2. Splurge on night cream.
3. Use vitamin E oil as a night cream once a week, especially in the winter. This will help heal any dry spots or scabs faster, while give your skin a nice treat.
4. Wear face lotion with 15-30 SPF sunscreen on your hands, chest & face every day….even in the winter….even if you rarely burn.This will prevent sun spots, wrinkles, freckles and moles from forming. Most beauty lines have a day cream that contains SPF in them. Think of it this way the skin you take care of today will rear its face in 10 years.
5. Switch out coffee for green tea. Remember caffeine makes your skin break out and oily.
6. Never color your hair with permanent dye, instead use semi-permanent dye. Semi-permanent dye is just as effective and by the time it begins to fade approximately 3-6wks you need to touch up your roots anyways. This will prevent you from doing access damage to your hair or having to go through the expensive process of getting color stripped so you can change you hair color.
7. Never sleep with makeup on, buy some facial wipes for times when you know your going to be tempted to crash with your “face on”.
8. Don’t touch your face. Your hands touch everything, touching your face may cause break outs. Along with this try not to pick you face. If you do use a piece of issue to between your skin and fingers. This will prevent your nails from cutting into your skin and the oil from your hands accelerating the size of your pimple.
10. To zap a zit crush up Advil or Tynelo mixed with water apply to pimple and leave on for 10+ minutes.
12. Keep up with your vitamins like (E, A, C, Iron, Magnesium). See my post about beauty vitamins for more information!
13. Buy products from makeup to lotion for your skin type. Depending on your skin type spending a little more on nicer foundation, maybe worth the extra cost. I purchase a nice foundation that is almost identical to my skin tone and then mix it with a tinted moisturizer or a darker foundation to get the color I desire.
I was gone for the weekend & what did I find waiting for me when I arrived home this evening? My first Julep box which I got for $0.01 (including shipping)!!!!!!!! Check out my earlier post-Julep box (3/12/2012) to get the promo code & the link. I am very pleased by the size of the scrub and nail polishs! I can’t wait to try them out.
Vitamins & Minerals to Give Your Skin a Leg Up!
Vitamin A is essential to keep skin’s elasticity, prevent dryness, wrinkles and aging of the skin. A person deficient in vitamin A will have flakiness, itching and possibly pimples. Vitamin A can be found in meat, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, carrots, squash and broccoli.
Of the vitamin B complex group, biotin is the most important for healthy skin. It is available in bananas, eggs, oatmeal and rice.
Vitamin C keeps skin well-toned. A deficiency can cause wrinkles and skin discoloration. As skin ages, more vitamin C is essential to maintain elasticity. Broccoli, kale, cabbage, strawberries and cantaloupe are all full of Vitamin C.
Vitamin E restores moisture to skin and slows the aging of skin cells. Vegetable oil, green leafy vegetables and nuts are good sources of vitamin E.
Iron transports oxygen in the blood to hair and skin. Magnesium helps the absorption of other vitamins and minerals. Zinc helps prevent sagging and wrinkles.
Vitamins & Minerals to Give Your Hair that Extra Umph!
- Vitamin A produces healthy sebum in the scalp. Vitamin E and vitamin C help with scalp circulation and restore moisture to hair. Vitamin B complex, copper, chromium and iron all help maintain hair color and prevent hair loss. Calcium and magnesium work together for healthy hair growth. Zinc works with vitamin A to keep hair healthy and avoid dryness.
1. Drinking one can of soda per day can add as much as 10 pounds to your weight in a single year.
2. Studies have shown that people do not eat less food when they drink more calories. Beverage calories are extra calories.
3. Most people mistake thirst with hunger, if you avoid dehydration, you can avoid overeating. A good test to find out whether or not it is hunger or thirst is to drink an 8-ounce glass of water at the first sign of hunger, then wait 15 minutes.
4. Health tip drink a full glass of water in the morning and before bed this will help you regulate your hunger throughout the day.
I was just reading Malia M’s blog Self Professed Product Obsessed and she had information about this fantastic promo Julep is holding in March, there box normally costs $19.99 with the prom (if you select normal shipping) is only $.01!!!!!. I just ordered mine so I wanted to spread the beauty love. Click here (http://julep.com/?r=19695964)to get your own! Use code: MARCHINTRO
I am extremely excited about the Coachella festival. But I was thrilled to hear that Joie (one of my favorite brands) is offering a give away to one super lucky winner (Crossing my fingers its me*) to shop at Joie & go to Coachella!! I thought I would let you all know, since it is a phenominal opportunity! Good Luck!