Love this work outfit!
Love this work outfit!
Dear universe/life/whatever I would really appreciate it crappy things stopped detonating in my vicinity! I get it… I suck at stuff. I ZB solemnly swear to be more of a grow up, stick to a budget, work my hinny off at work & at the gym, floss, spend more time appreciating/loving the people in my life & the blessing I have, be optimistic, be happy & reach for my dreams! So please please cut my a break!!!
I am one of those weird people that loves doing things at home even if I can buy it at the store. I recently found out that if you but cream cheese in a strainer (small strainer with thin mesh) or cheese cloth over night in the fridge you can make home made cream cheese!!!
1.Adorable home stuff like this amazing tile 2. My amazing pink wedges 3. My favorite new nail polish color age of Aquarius by color club
Since moving into our new house the office has been a room to store odds & ends in and pretty much ignore. So I decided to give it a little TLC without buying anything new and to make it a room that is functional and a little cute. Mostly I just re-organized and got ride of stuff but I am thrilled with the results.
-Clear Nail Polish
-A piece of paper to catch excess glitter
-Pencil or something similar to clear holes of the key from getting jammed with glitter
My Sister & I had fun decorating our house keys and then our nails with a little glitter. This is a quick, fun & easy little project.
For Sparkle Keys:
Step 1 Spread Elmer’s on one side your key (try to keep it even & out of the holes.
Step 2 Coat with glitter, shake off extra & smooth lumps.
Step 3 Let harden with glitter up for up to 30 minutes or when it feels hard to the touch.
Step 4 Coat with clear nail polish to seal in glitter
Flip over and repeat.
*You can do the whole key without waiting for the first side to dry. Do steps 1-2 to both sides while holding the key. Then set it down gently let it dry before Sealing each side individually.
Step 1Paint nails desired color let dry
Step 2 Paint a top coat on nails, place glitter where desired (I put a couple on each finger, my sister did solid glitter on one figure)
Step 3 Paint with top coat-let dry.
1. Drink water-and the then more water.Water gives you energy and helps your body function at its highest level.
2. Splurge on night cream.
3. Use vitamin E oil as a night cream once a week, especially in the winter. This will help heal any dry spots or scabs faster, while give your skin a nice treat.
4. Wear face lotion with 15-30 SPF sunscreen on your hands, chest & face every day….even in the winter….even if you rarely burn.This will prevent sun spots, wrinkles, freckles and moles from forming. Most beauty lines have a day cream that contains SPF in them. Think of it this way the skin you take care of today will rear its face in 10 years.
5. Switch out coffee for green tea. Remember caffeine makes your skin break out and oily.
6. Never color your hair with permanent dye, instead use semi-permanent dye. Semi-permanent dye is just as effective and by the time it begins to fade approximately 3-6wks you need to touch up your roots anyways. This will prevent you from doing access damage to your hair or having to go through the expensive process of getting color stripped so you can change you hair color.
7. Never sleep with makeup on, buy some facial wipes for times when you know your going to be tempted to crash with your “face on”.
8. Don’t touch your face. Your hands touch everything, touching your face may cause break outs. Along with this try not to pick you face. If you do use a piece of issue to between your skin and fingers. This will prevent your nails from cutting into your skin and the oil from your hands accelerating the size of your pimple.
10. To zap a zit crush up Advil or Tynelo mixed with water apply to pimple and leave on for 10+ minutes.
12. Keep up with your vitamins like (E, A, C, Iron, Magnesium). See my post about beauty vitamins for more information!
13. Buy products from makeup to lotion for your skin type. Depending on your skin type spending a little more on nicer foundation, maybe worth the extra cost. I purchase a nice foundation that is almost identical to my skin tone and then mix it with a tinted moisturizer or a darker foundation to get the color I desire.
I was gone for the weekend & what did I find waiting for me when I arrived home this evening? My first Julep box which I got for $0.01 (including shipping)!!!!!!!! Check out my earlier post-Julep box (3/12/2012) to get the promo code & the link. I am very pleased by the size of the scrub and nail polishs! I can’t wait to try them out.
While moving a piece of furniture I just found pine needles! I think everyone has officially recovered from the December Holiday season. While all of us love celebrating from an employee and manager stand point beyond having a great time what is the greater benefit? Do parties truly promote trust, inter-department relationships and make employees feel appreciated???
From what I have observed celebrations only work to reinforce the greater goals of employee engagement minded managers when there is a high level of trust in managers and camaraderie with peers. In essence parties energize strong relationship, but do not create them. When teams are strong and members share a genuine interest in each other as individuals and the results they achieve together, celebrations reinforce strong bonds and a sense of respect. Celebrating together does not create relationships but builds on strong ties that already exist. Great workplaces know this and they use celebrations liberally but judiciously inside their organization. Celebrations mark personal milestones and commemorate company these celebrations work because employees know each other as people and not just by their job title. How does your employer engage you?
1. Drinking one can of soda per day can add as much as 10 pounds to your weight in a single year.
2. Studies have shown that people do not eat less food when they drink more calories. Beverage calories are extra calories.
3. Most people mistake thirst with hunger, if you avoid dehydration, you can avoid overeating. A good test to find out whether or not it is hunger or thirst is to drink an 8-ounce glass of water at the first sign of hunger, then wait 15 minutes.
4. Health tip drink a full glass of water in the morning and before bed this will help you regulate your hunger throughout the day.
1. Pull everything out of your closet—everything. This will help you evaluate what you need. For example shoes, purse and hats take up a lot of space and are best stored on shelves. If you have a lot of those items you may want to consider installing shelves in your closet.
2. Remove anything that doesn’t belong there. Your bedroom closet is for clothing, shoes and accessories; not for old boxes of paperwork that haven’t been dealt with or appliances that you never found a home for. Get ride of anything you haven’t worn in 1 year, is unwearable (holes, too much wear, stains and doesn’t fit). I have a hard time getting ride of items I never wear but there is nothing wrong with, for these items I will normally get a second opinion on and make sure I wear those items that week.
3. Now that you have gotten ride of any extra stuff, sort of clothing by season. Any clothing that is not in season store away. So that clothing you can wear during this season is most accessible and visible.
4. Organize your clothing by category & then color
5. Buy real hangers-I personally like wood ones. For me a lot of organizing my closet is being able to see my clothing so that I wear different stuff. I will pull items I wear less frequently and put them at the front of their section so they are more visible.
I love elephants and white elephant parties. During a class this term my Professor who is foreign asked what the mean of white elephant was….I found the history behind this term fascinating so I thought I would share. The term derives from the story that the kings of Siam (now Thailand) were accustomed to make a present of one of these animals to courtiers who had rendered themselves obnoxious, in order to ruin the recipient by the cost of its maintenance.
I am extremely excited about the Coachella festival. But I was thrilled to hear that Joie (one of my favorite brands) is offering a give away to one super lucky winner (Crossing my fingers its me*) to shop at Joie & go to Coachella!! I thought I would let you all know, since it is a phenominal opportunity! Good Luck!
Pour the honey, boiling water, and whiskey into a mug. Spice it with the cloves and cinnamon, and put in the slice of lemon. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes so the flavors can mingle, then sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg before serving. I recommend doing a taste test, adding lemon or honey as needed. You can always skip the nutmeg, cinnamon or cloves if you dislike them or don’t have any. Just add more lemon and honey. Enjoy + feel better.
My amazing bf got this ring by Gretchen Jones for me this Christmas. I have never been big on wearing rings but I love love love this ring! Its a great statement piece that goes with everything!
I need a little pick me up today. This picture + a cup of joe got me smiling again.
The Small Things Blog
Fun Hair ideas!
Great make-up and beauty tutorials, plus product recommendations for all price ranges! Inspires me to try something new & fresh!
After a long wait and all the crazy media attention, I finally caught a Ellen JCP’s advertisement and I am pleased to say that found it amusing and on point to their new campaign!
I come from a long line of tea drinkers…One one side I have Englishmen who love tea in any weather, on the other side I have hippies that love to discuss the magic of herbs and much to their shock I drink coffee… black. But I love Republic of Tea’s new branding, highlighting the benefits of drinking different teas in laymen terms and the eye catching bright colors. I will be checking in to see if it works for them and maybe, just maybe try a little tea myself.